Cricket ace Devon Malcolm in the slow lane at Potters
Devon Malcolm, once one of England's quickest pace bowlers, will be experiencing life in the slow lane at Potters tomorrow.
The West Indies born speed merchant and former England bowler Matthew Hoggard will go head to head with stars from world bowls and recent champions of the 2012 World Indoor Bowls Pairs Championship in a Celebrity Sports Relief Charity Match.
The match, part of the Fred Olsen World Indoor Bowls Championships, will take place at Potters at 11am, with part of the match shown live on BBC 2. Tickets are available by contacting 0844 346 0294.
Priced at �12.50 they provide access to all World Bowls matches being played on the day.
The charity match will raise �4,000 for Sports Relief. �2,000 will be donated by the World Bowls Tour and �2,000 will be donated by Potters Leisure Resort.
You may also want to watch:
Malcolm was one of England's few genuinely fast bowlers of the 1990s. Capable of near 100mph deliveries, he played in 40 Test matches.
His last Test match was in 1997. In 1994 he took 9-57 against South Africa at the Oval.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
Hoggard was awarded his MBE following his part in the 2005 victory over Australia in The Ashes.