Creasey calls for a new Wisbech Town hero in the FA Vase
- Credit: Archant
Joint-boss Dick Creasey is urging Wisbech Town's players to step into Tom James' shoes and become the Fenmen's FA Vase hero.
The striker scored in every round of this season's competition to help set up tomorrow's quarter-final trip to Sholing. However, the 20-year-old will not make the journey to Southampton because he has recently moved to Australia.
It gives another player the chance to grab the headlines as Wisbech look to keep their dreams of reaching a Wembley final alive. And Creasey is confident one of his men will be keen to steal the limelight.
The Fenmen chief said: 'I'm not too bothered who scores the goals if I'm honest. We will miss Tom a little bit because obviously he's got that lightning pace, but it does give one or two more the opportunity to come to the forefront and prove themselves.
'We've signed Stuart Cobb, Callum Reed's now back into the offering so we've got three or four different options to do what we can do. At football clubs, whatever happens, players come and go. Tom's gone, we've got to get on with ourselves and the people that are there have got to perform.'
You may also want to watch:
The frontman has bagged a huge seven of his side's 11 Vase goals this campaign.
For more build-up to the last-eight tie listen to this week's West Norfolk Sports Podcast, online this evening, at www.edp24.co.uk/wnsp
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
Follow @GavinCaney on Twitter for online coverage of Wisbech's game at Sholing tomorrow