Craig Fleming hails ‘phenomenal’ early efforts of Lowestoft Town players
- Credit: James Bass
The early efforts of Lowestoft Town's players in Conference North have been hailed as 'phenomenal' by director of football Craig Fleming.
The Blues made it two wins and a draw from their first three games since promotion with Saturday's 1-0 win against AFC Fylde.
It's an excellent start to the club's debut season at Step Two of the non-league pyramid and one that the former Norwich City defender is very proud of.
'With the teams we've played, two sides who have come up the leagues in Chorley and these guys (AFC Fylde) are really ambitious,' Fleming said.
'Budgets can't be underestimated. In the Premier League, at every level, so for the boys to have done what they have done is phenomenal, it really is.'
A first-half goal from Bammant was enough to seal the win for the Trawlerboys at Crown Meadow on Saturday but Fleming admitted that holding on to that 1-0 lead was not easy.
You may also want to watch:
'All in all I think it's a good three points, a clean sheet, they had a lot of possession at the end there and pinned us in which is to be expected sometimes when you step up a level,' he continued.
'We had to change things round a little bit, we had a lot of tired legs out there, because again it is getting adjusted to this level because it's quick, a lot quicker than where we've come from, so you've got to keep the ball a lot better, but all in all it was good.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 6 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 10 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
'I think the players enjoyed it, I thoroughly enjoyed it.'
Bammant's goal made it two goals since making his move from Dereham Town permanent in the summer, linking up with strike-partner Jefferson Louis to prod home from close range.
Both strikers now have two goals each and the Blues' boss is pleased with their progress.
'They're in the goals, they're both handfuls, Hendo (Chris Henderson) as well up there,' Fleming added. 'Without anybody being injured, we are probably one body shy up there. But yeah the two strikers have got a couple each now which is obviously good for their confidence.
'They're a threat, they are obviously big guys, but they can play, technically they're very good. Jeff (Louis) has scored a couple of absolute screamers and Bammo he's technically very good as well.'