County sides are chosen
Norfolk manager Lianne Mills has named her teams for the opening Inter-County Championship games against Northants Premier and Cambridgeshire on September 25.
Sheila Bragg of Connaught has been unveiled as the new Norfolk county team captain with Sprowston's Peter Smart as vice-captain. Former Oxfordshire ace Trevor Brown of Bob Carter will make his Norfolk debut in the singles against Northants with Halvergate's David Lamb.
The addition of Brown can only help a team who struggled too often last year, while Lamb has gained valuable experience since becoming an England regular.
• Norfolk Premier v Northants Premier at Lakeside, September 25: Singles David Lamb and Trevor Brown; Pairs Sue Hunt and Sheila Bragg. Oliver Allen and Mike Boswell; Triples Mark Linsdell, Nigel Willard, Chris Mann; Andy Stratton, George Clarke, John Turner; Rinks Mikey George, Jean Woods, Debbie Phillips, Brian Saunders; Jon Sparham, Kim Bridge, Bob Oatway, Melvin Woods.
You may also want to watch:
• Norfolk A v Cambridgeshire at Lakeside, September 25: Singles Peter Smart and Colin Coman; Pairs Keith Cooke and David Dewing. Christine Musk and Elaine Cole; Triples Linda Chadwick, Robbie Lamb, Gerald Chilvers; Jenny Walker, Malcolm Reynolds, Peter Walker; Rinks Josh Baxter, Joe Brown, Tyrone Musk, Les Chadwick; Shirley Brown, Steven Lamb, Roger Green, Ray Lamb. Reserve: Donna Lamb.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer