County Arts hot on Acle’s trail at top of Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League
Acle A remain top of Division One of the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League after they beat Norfolk BC A 105-71. They won on all four rinks, George Tubby by 38-20.
Playing the night before, County Arts A remain close on Acle's heels after beating Gallow A 88-56, with Brian Taylor's rink winning 31-14.
Diss A gave themselves a chance of avoiding relegation after beating Lakeside A 92-71, Maurice Hurry's rink winning 27-14. Wymondham A have been dragged into the relegation fight after losing 73-54 at Lynnsport A.
Pentney A have taken over at the top of Division Two after beating County Arts B 113-59. Pinewood Park A are now second after winning 99-69 at home to Roundwood A. Acle B have slipped to third after they lost a close match at Hunstanton 76-75, despite their rink skipped by Ivan Borrett top-scoring 28-13. Browston 'A' continued their good form by winning 83-63 at Lakeside B.
Norfolk BC B are promoted from Division Three after beating Brecks A 96-59. Acle C won 73-63 at Browston B while Dereham A beat Old Hall 75-68.
You may also want to watch:
Despite losing 94-82 at Great Yarmouth A, North Walsham gained the point they needed to gain promotion from Division Four. County Arts C beat Norfolk BC C 94-64.
With an impressive 84-54 win away at Roundwood B, Dereham B sealed promotion from Division Five. Brecks B beat Great Yarmouth B 91-58.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van