County Arts and Norfolk BC win to close gap at top of Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League
With league leaders Acle A not playing the two teams directly behind them took the chance to close the gap at the top of Division One of the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League.
County Arts A beat Lynnsport A at home by 92 shots to 54, with the Arts rink skipped by Robin Norman top scoring 29-9.
Norfolk BC A travelled to Diss A and won by 81 shots to 58 with their rink skipped by Charlie Boon winning 24-10.
Following these games the top three teams are now separated by just four points with all three teams having three more games to play.
In Division Two, Pinewood Park A lost the chance to close the gap on the top two teams after they lost away to Browston A by 79 shots to 76, Vic Moores rink for Browston winning 19-14.
Shotford A are promoted from Division Three following their emphatic win at home to Old Hall by 130 shots to 55, winning on all four rinks their rink skipped by David Riches top scored 39-11.
Norfolk BC B remain in the second promotion place after they won at home to Dereham A by 94 shots to 66, Chris Bardwell's rink for Norfolk winning 26-12.
- 1 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 2 Vicar at heart of bitter church row resigns
- 3 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 4 Princess Anne receives warm welcome at Royal Norfolk Show
- 5 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 6 Gallery of pictures from the Royal Norfolk Show's first day
- 7 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 8 Five-bed farmhouse with attached orchard and glamping site for sale
- 9 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
- 10 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
Acle C won at home to Brecks A by 101 shots to 64, Ashley Smith's rink winning for them 29-11. In the game between the bottom two teams Wymondham B beat Browston B by 69 shots to 64 with the Wymondham rink skipped by Graham Jinks winning 19�-12.
Pinewood Park B consolidated their second place in Division Four after they beat Wymondham C at home by 83 shots to 63, captain Clem Fountains' rink top scoring 26-11. Pentney B beat Diss B at home by 84 shots to 70 to move out of the bottom two, their rink skipped by J Holland winning 25-16.
In Division Five, Gallow B are promoted following their win at home to Brecks B by 78 shots to 69�, the Gallow rink skipped by Fed Hazel winning 24-11.
Dereham B remain second after they beat Shotford B at home by 98 shots to 48, Roger Lench's rink top scoring 38-10.
Lynnsport B won away at Great Yarmouth B by 88 shots to 64 despite the home rink skipped by G Roper top scoring 28-7.