Countdown to Olympia starts at Forest Edge
Forest Edge Arena had one of the busiest Friday's showjumping on record.
This was the last two-day British Showjumping Seniors Show before the prestigious British Showjumping Seniors Pre Olympia Championship show, which will take place from December 7 to 9.
Lucy Ostin started Friday's competitions in determined fashion, winning the Senior British Novice on Tregew Exactly, and the Senior Discovery class riding Kitza.
Bury St Edmunds rider Tim Page, riding Justin Skinner's Verve Carentino, won the 1.05m Open class from 24 starters, before also winning the Newcomers class with Filou Van Overis, owned by Terry Wilkins. Wilkins also owned Cappacino VII who won the 1.20m and 1.30m Open classes.
Rosy Standing, riding Kalingrad Grohot, was not content with just the one win in the 80cm Open, as she set an unbeatable time to win the 90cm National Amateur Championship class.
You may also want to watch:
The last class of the day was won by Elizabeth Bushe riding Heebie Geebie, who was the only double clear.
On Sunday attention turned to the second in the Rands & Wilson Unaffiliated showjumping series.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
Jessica Carrington from Manea secured her place at the championship show by winning the first class of the day, the 60cm pre novice riding Rebecca Carrington's Spirit.
The 70cm pre novice class was won by CB Sam ridden by Charlotte Rose Eyre from Thetford.
Rebecca Alleri riding Tucker, owned by Thomas McClure, will also be taking part in the Rands & Wilson championship show next year as they won the largest class of the day, the 1m Open.
This Saturday Forest Edge has Unaffiliated showjumping with Trailblazer first round qualifiers, and Sunday, the second in the Blue Chip Feeds Indoor Eventer Series. All entries are taken on the day. www.forestedgearena.com