Cooper keeps Great Melton on title track
NORFOLK ALLIANCE 3, 4, 5, 6: Great Melton boosted their Division Three title prospects as they beat nearest rivals Sprowston A who fell 34 runs short of victory despite a battling half-century from Pankog Biswas. Alex Cooper's 75 was the highlight of Melton's 228 for 7 total.
Paul Munford's 64 and four wickets from James Foreman helped Acle A to beat Dersingham, who fell 64 runs short of victory despite a half-century from Manny Sayers.
Tim Coote's century gave lowly North Runcton A a lift as they beat Swaffham, for whom Matthew Eagle scored 70. Title hopefuls Swardeston B beat rock-bottom Ashmanhaugh by six wickets at Hilltops. Ashmanhaugh were restricted to 125-7, Will Kennard taking 5 for 19. In reply opener Alex Bilham scored 53 as the hosts eased home in just 20 overs. Sam Dacre hit 94 in Great Witchingham A's winning draw against Kirkley and LR A.
Division Four star performers were: Brett Gates (Bradenham 75), Paul Harwood (Narborough 70), Alex Craske (Cromer A 51); Alan Lithins (Cromer A, 85); Jack Smith (Hethersett and TV (5 for 41).
Division Five: Steve Pearce (Rocklands 4 for 28); Will Defoe (Rocklands 83); Saad Aamer (Rocklands 51 no); Keith Millington (Halvergate 4 for 28); Tom Beeden (NCWA 50).
You may also want to watch:
Division Six: Sam Kimber (Bradfield A, 54); James Sneddon (Beccles A, 74no); Gavin Siriwardena (Thetford A, 4 for 30).
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 10 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid