Confirmed: Cook cleared to ride for Stars after appeal
- Credit: Archant
Great Britain international Craig Cook will ride for King's Lynn at home to Wolverhampton on Thursday – after appealing his suspension.
Cook was handed a 12-day ban which would have ruled him out of a staggering three Lynn home meetings.
This was after an incident at Eastbourne last week which involved several riders and officials - licenced and unlicenced - when on Championship duty with Glasgow.
Now Cook has submitted an appeal to the Speedway Control Bureau which has been accepted and will be heard in the near future - in the meantime he can continue racing.
Poultec Stars bosses have kept faith with guest rider Josh Grajczonek and honoured his booking which means he will cover for injured skipper Robert Lambert.
You may also want to watch:
King's Lynn co-promoter Dale Allitt said: "This situation has been developing throughout Wednesday and we are naturally pleased Craig has the opportunity to ride and then defend himself properly at a later date.
"These three home meetings are huge for us and we're pleased to have Craig available. The appeal has been carefully pieced together and accepted by the Speedway Control Bureau and of course we will support our rider, as will his Championship club Glasgow.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
"We now look forward to a great night of racing against a powerful Wolverhampton side and I'm sure Peter (Schroeck) will have the boys fired up for this."