Controversial frontman Massiah McDonald’s time at King’s Lynn Town is over
- Credit: IAN BURT
Banned frontman Massiah McDonald will not pull on a King's Lynn Town shirt again after leaving the club last night.
The 23-year-old, who only arrived in November, was suspended for the Linnets' next two games, but that didn't stop boss Gary Setchell showing him the exit door after a stop-start spell at The Walks.
Lynn's boss said: 'Mass has found the travelling for games and training difficult. He has undoubted talent and will no doubt prove his worth elsewhere. I wish to thank him for his efforts while at King's Lynn Town.'
The pacy striker scored four goals in his 16 appearances for Lynn – which were split by a lengthy seven-match absence for an offence committed before he arrived in Norfolk. His latest misdemeanour was for collecting 10 bookings this term. The striker was involved in a number of high-profile off-the-field issues with former club Grantham Town but has enjoyed successful spells with a few other clubs around the non-league scene.
The Evo-Stik Premier Division's 'transfer window' slams shut at 5pm this evening but Setchell admitted it is looking 'unlikely' that any signings will be made before the deadline.
You may also want to watch:
Lynn sit 10th in the Step Three division.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 8 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead