Connor Ingram hat-trick leads the way as Norfolk Under-18s wrap up East Anglian Counties Championship title
- Credit: Norfolk FA
Norfolk's under-18 men's team have won the East Anglian Counties Championship for the first time since 2013.
Gorleston striker Connor Ingram scored a hat-trick in a 4-1 win over Essex U18s, with Wroxham winger Ben Fowkes scoring the other goal.
The game was played at Coggeshall Town's stadium, near Braintree, and saw Norfolk arrive knowing they needed at least a point to become champions.
Adam Gusterson's side took the lead in the 7th minute when Ingram – who has scored 29 goals for Gorleston this season and had a trial at Ipswich Town – tapped in at the back post from a corner.
Just three minutes later Fowkes made it 2-0, taking advantage of a poor kick from the Essex keeper to beat his marker and blast into the roof of the net from 10 yards.
You may also want to watch:
Essex halved the deficit after a lapse in concentration from the visitors but Ingram made it 3-1 in the 23rd minute, drilling home a low shot after being played in by Will Sainsbury-Logan, who also headed down to allow the striker to complete his hat-trick and the win on the half-hour mark.
Norfolk: Billy Johnson, Kieren Shipp (C), Tom Rampling, Kuda Nhiwatiwa, Josh Hazell, Jack Barber, Ryan Harnwell, Jacob White, Connor Ingram, Will Sainsbury-Logan, Ben Fowkes. Subs: Aaron Attree, Isaac Burrage, Archie Galley, George Green, Ryan Miles.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 6 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
• Watch highlights of the victory in the video above