Concern over King’s Lynn Stars skipper Rory Schlein
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars skipper Rory Schlein was reported to have undergone major surgery last night after a crash during a meeting in Poland.
A report on the website of the Orzel Lodz team the Aussie rides for said the damage sustained 'forced the doctors to decide on urgent surgery. We can no longer do anything. Everything is in the hands of surgeons'.
The extent of Schlein's injuries are unclear but it is believed the 30-year-old underwent surgery to his spine.
The news will form a sad backdrop to the Stars Elite League trip to Coventry tonight.
Lynn know a maximum win of four points would put them within a point of the table-topping Bees.
You may also want to watch:
The Stars will also be missing reserve Lewis Kerr, who is nursing a hip injury. His place will be taken by British Championship finalist Adam Roynon. Robert Lambert appears to have shrugged off a hip injury which forced him put of the British Championship semi-final on his home track last week.
Coventry Bees: 1 Hans Andersen, 2 Stuart Robson, 3 Joonas Kylmakorpi, 4 Danny King, 5 Scott Nicholls (G), 6 Jason Garrity, 7 James Sarjeant
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
King's Lynn Stars: 1 Niels-Kristian Iversen, 2 Robert Lambert, 3 R/R, 4 Nicklas Porsing, 5 Kenneth Bjerre, 6 Ashley Morris, 7 Adam Roynon (G)