Concern over King’s Lynn Stars skipper Rory Schlein
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars skipper Rory Schlein was reported to have undergone major surgery last night after a crash during a meeting in Poland.
A report on the website of the Orzel Lodz team the Aussie rides for said the damage sustained 'forced the doctors to decide on urgent surgery. We can no longer do anything. Everything is in the hands of surgeons'.
The extent of Schlein's injuries are unclear but it is believed the 30-year-old underwent surgery to his spine.
The news will form a sad backdrop to the Stars Elite League trip to Coventry tonight.
Lynn know a maximum win of four points would put them within a point of the table-topping Bees.
You may also want to watch:
The Stars will also be missing reserve Lewis Kerr, who is nursing a hip injury. His place will be taken by British Championship finalist Adam Roynon. Robert Lambert appears to have shrugged off a hip injury which forced him put of the British Championship semi-final on his home track last week.
Coventry Bees: 1 Hans Andersen, 2 Stuart Robson, 3 Joonas Kylmakorpi, 4 Danny King, 5 Scott Nicholls (G), 6 Jason Garrity, 7 James Sarjeant
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 5 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 6 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 7 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 8 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk
King's Lynn Stars: 1 Niels-Kristian Iversen, 2 Robert Lambert, 3 R/R, 4 Nicklas Porsing, 5 Kenneth Bjerre, 6 Ashley Morris, 7 Adam Roynon (G)