City of Norwich AC trio take ladies team prize at Chichester 10K
- Credit: Archant
A formidable City of Norwich Athletics Club (CoNAC) ladies team took first place at the Chichester 10K on Sunday.
Recent Freethorpe 10M winner Dani Nimmock took first place overall in 33:58 with Sarah Astin just behind in 34:12. Iona Lake, who won the Norfolk Cross Country Championships last month, took seventh place overall in 36:05 and it was enough for the CoNAC trio to take first place in the ladies team event. Cat Cummings also posted an impressive time of 39:14.
MORE: Love running? Join the Run Anglia Facebook group hereOn the men's front Gary Crush also took part in the event and was just three seconds outside of his personal best with a time of 33:18. Belgrave Harriers' Nick Goolab took first place overall in 29:01.
Meanwhile, Bure Valley Harriers' Michael Eccles continued his excellent start to the year with a new personal best of 26:27 at the Alsager 5M race - traditionally seen as one of the fastest five mile road races in the country.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures