Competitors warm up for British Showjumping Seniors Pre-Olympia show
With the Forest Edge Arena's British Showjumping Seniors Pre-Olympia show less than two weeks away, competitors used last Friday's show as a warm-up for the big event.
The British Novice class was won by local rider Amy Thompson riding her own Carolus VII. Caroline Fitzalan-Howard fared well in all her classes, but won the Senior Discovery in style riding Bo III, with almost three seconds up on the clock.
The largest entries of the day were in the FE 1.05m Open class. With 13 in the jump off there was little room for error. Chloe Winchester, riding R Salter's Croft Chrome set an unbeatable time, winning from Elizabeth Thorton and Reddy or Not II.
Chloe Winchester continued her form, winning the last class of the day, the 1.30m Open on Zandokan H owned by E Howard.
Christmas came early to Forest Edge Arena, as it hosted the BS juniors for a two-day showjumping Christmas show on Saturday and Sunday. More than 60 stables were pre-booked, and on Saturday evening 56 riders and their families sat down to a Christmas dinner.
The weather was anything but kind, but nothing dampened the atmosphere and this was the best supported pony show at the venue on record with jumping continuing well into the evening.
Some of the principle riders over the two days included Alexandra Hands, riding Callaghknock Star, winning the 70cm Open Saturday, and the 80cm Open Sunday.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk
Brooke Hunter won the Blue Chip, Horsequest UK Coral qualifier riding String of Pearls. Rider of the weekend went to Natasha Piper who won three classes riding L Piper's cracking pony, Bronllwyn Paris.
This Saturday is the Christmas Fun Show. Showing classes at 9am, followed at 11am by showjumping. Entries on the day, see www.forestedgearena.com for more information.