Competitors warm up for British Showjumping Seniors Pre-Olympia show
With the Forest Edge Arena's British Showjumping Seniors Pre-Olympia show less than two weeks away, competitors used last Friday's show as a warm-up for the big event.
The British Novice class was won by local rider Amy Thompson riding her own Carolus VII. Caroline Fitzalan-Howard fared well in all her classes, but won the Senior Discovery in style riding Bo III, with almost three seconds up on the clock.
The largest entries of the day were in the FE 1.05m Open class. With 13 in the jump off there was little room for error. Chloe Winchester, riding R Salter's Croft Chrome set an unbeatable time, winning from Elizabeth Thorton and Reddy or Not II.
Chloe Winchester continued her form, winning the last class of the day, the 1.30m Open on Zandokan H owned by E Howard.
Christmas came early to Forest Edge Arena, as it hosted the BS juniors for a two-day showjumping Christmas show on Saturday and Sunday. More than 60 stables were pre-booked, and on Saturday evening 56 riders and their families sat down to a Christmas dinner.
You may also want to watch:
The weather was anything but kind, but nothing dampened the atmosphere and this was the best supported pony show at the venue on record with jumping continuing well into the evening.
Some of the principle riders over the two days included Alexandra Hands, riding Callaghknock Star, winning the 70cm Open Saturday, and the 80cm Open Sunday.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
Brooke Hunter won the Blue Chip, Horsequest UK Coral qualifier riding String of Pearls. Rider of the weekend went to Natasha Piper who won three classes riding L Piper's cracking pony, Bronllwyn Paris.
This Saturday is the Christmas Fun Show. Showing classes at 9am, followed at 11am by showjumping. Entries on the day, see www.forestedgearena.com for more information.