Commercial Fisheries: Regulars in seventh heaven at Larkwood
This week has again seen numerous fish being caught in the mid-weight range – between 4lb and 7lb. Two fish of seven pounds plus were taken by regular anglers Roger Deed and Lloyd Thompson.
Lloyd also had another fully finned rainbow of around 6lb, which was returned to the lake.
The fish have gone down a bit in the colder weather, so fast intermediate or slow sink lines, using small brightly-coloured lures are the most successful and a slow figure-of-eight retrieve.
Participants in Larkwood's beginners' course this week did well with everyone catching.
You may also want to watch:
Lakrwood are now taking future bookings during the Christmas period. Tackle can be provided if needed or if you are lucky enough to receive some for Christmas bring it along and we will set it up and show you the basics - it's not hard. Contact Ian on 07776 370348 for prices.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
Those who braved the weather this week were rewarded with some excellent catches at Blackdyke.
The best rainbow was caught by Jan and estimated at around the 8lb mark. Malcolm Foreman had a superb brown of about 5lb. Lures, fry patterns, blobs and buzzers are all working well. The fishery is offering 25 visits, two fish a visit, catch and release included on the day for �300. Christmas gift vouchers are available from the lodge for a day's fishing at �26 each for a full day – four fish included valid for six months. Contact the lodge on 07525 730447.
On a very cold frosty Sunday, Roger Bobbin from Wymondham proved it is worth braving the chill. He was rewarded with 13 rainbows and Rocklands Mere's largest resident – the fishery's 14lb brown trout. All were caught from the far end of the lake on a floating line and gold head nymph.
A reminder that this weekend is the annual Rocklands Christmas bash. Drinks and nibbles are available both days as well as discounts on tackle and season tickets and fly tying demonstrations. Everyone welcome.
For more details call James on 01953 483971 or visit www.rocklandsmere.co.uk