Combination sides get exciting draws in Norfolk Senior Cup
Two teams from the Almary Green Anglian Combination have been handed exciting draws in the fourth round of the Norfolk Senior Cup.
Underdogs Caister United and Mulbarton Wanderers were paired with King's Lynn Town and Diss Town respectively, with the fact that both will be at home adding a further touch of spice.
The two Combination sides have made contrasting starts to their league campaigns but have shone in the cup to set up the chance of a giant-killing.
Division One high-fliers Mulbarton have been particularly impressive, coming through three rounds without so much as conceding a goal, with wins against Poringland (6-0), St Andrews (1-0) and Norwich CEYMS (1-0).
They might just fancy their chances of an upset against a Diss Town side who are struggling at the foot of the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division with just win to their name so far.
You may also want to watch:
Caister, currently 13th in the Premier Division, have recorded victories over Harleston (3-2) and Reepham (4-2) to get this far.
King's Lynn Town, who play in the Evo-Stik Northern League Premier Division, will obviously start as favourites at Allendale Road – but much will depend on the strength of the squad manager Gary Setchell choses for the trek across Norfolk.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 10 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
Holders Gorleston will begin the defence of the trophy with a home game against Downham Town, while the team they beat at Carrow Road last season, Wroxham, travel to Swaffham Town.
Norwich City's Under-21s – who will start as favourites to lift the trophy – begin their campaign at Thetford Town, who have had a solid season so far in the Premier Division of the Thurlow Nunn League.
Dereham Town host Great Yarmouth Town while one Anglian Combination side is sure to reach the quarter-finals, with Scole hosting Dersingham.
Most of the games will take place on Saturday, November 22, but some will be switched to other dates.
Full draw: Norwich Utd v Fakenham, Swaffham v Wroxham, Scole v Dersingham, Gorleston v Downham, Caister v King's Lynn, Dereham v Gt Yarmouth, Mulbarton v Diss, Thetford Town v Norwich City Under-21s.