Clubs in Norfolk taking part in the 2017 Great British Tennis Weekend
- Credit: Norfolk LTA
Clubs around the region will be taking part in the Great British Tennis Weekend initiative on Saturday and Sunday.
Open days are being held at clubs around the country with free opportunities to play, in an effort to get more people playing the game.
Activities on offer will include cardio tennis, mini tennis, junior and adult coaching and freeplay, with all clubs providing equipment.
Eaton Park Tennis Club in Norwich will host activities on both days, with Lyng TC, Reepham TC, Taverham TC and East Anglia Tennis & Squash Club, in Norwich, involved on Saturday and Waterloo Park and Harford Park in Norwich taking part on Sunday.
Since beginning in 2013, thousands of tennis clubs have run Great British Tennis Weekend events, enticing hundreds of thousands of people to pick up a racket and give the game a try.
You may also want to watch:
For full details of your nearest event, sign up at clubspark.lta.org.uk/OpenDays
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash