Clubs hoping to see clouds lift
Norfolk clubs will be hoping to avoid a third successive weekend of inactivity as the weather again casts a cloud of uncertainty over tomorrow's league fixtures.
Vauxhall Mallards and Horsford remain the only teams in the county to have completed a Saturday league fixture to date and tomorrow they face each other in the East Anglian Premier League at Brundall.
Swardeston and Great Witchingham are yet to take to the field; tomorrow Swardeston travel to Sudbury and Witchingham host Copdock & Old Ipswichian.
Norwich, relegated from the EAPL last season, are due to make a belated Norfolk Alliance Premier Division return at Ashmanhaugh & Barton Wanderers.
Norfolk League champions Rolles-by host Sprowston B and last year's West Norfolk League winners Denver are at newly-promoted Long Sutton.
You may also want to watch:
Carter Cup hopefuls get their chance to win through to face one of the county's big guns on Sunday.
The four Norfolk sides from the East Anglian Premier Division – Great Witchingham, Horsford, Swardeston and Vauxhall Mallards – along with four quarter-finalists from last year's Carter Cup – Acle, Mattishall, Norwich and North Runcton – have received byes to the second round. There are eight first round ties on Sunday, including newcomers Martham, from the Norfolk League, taking on Alliance Division Three side Garboldisham.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 4 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow
- 10 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
The Kingfisher Beer Cup ties between Mallards and Swardeston and Witchingham and Horsford, postponed last weekend, have been rescheduled for this Sunday.
n See tomorrow's EDP for a full list of the weekend's fixtures.
Carter Cup first round draw (Sunday, 11am): Dereham v Downham, Bradenham v Sprowston, Mundford v Hethersett & Tas Valley, Fakenham v Old Buckenham, Ashmanhaugh & Barton Wanderers v Beccles, Hardingham v Swaffham, Bungay v Diss, Garboldisham v Martham.