City Under-21s claim excellent win at White Hart Lane
- Credit: JASON DAWSON
Tottenham Under-21s 1 Norwich City Under-21s 2
Norwich City's Under-21s put a six-match run without a win behind them in impressive style on Friday evening when they beat Tottenham at White Hart Lane.
The young Canaries were quickly into their stride and took the lead after only four minutes when Jamal Lewis fired home after being put in by Ray Grant.
Jamie Eaton-Collins missed an opportunity to double the visitors' advantage when he lifted the ball over from close range. City continued to press however and did make it 2-0 on 36 minutes after being awarded a free-kick just outside the area. Grant stepped up and converted in impressive fashion, curling a low shot into the bottom corner.
It might have been 3-0 before the break, with Lewis unable to get a shot away when well placed, although Spurs always posed a threat and nearly reduced the arrears when a cross fizzed across the City six-yard box, with no-one able to get a decisive touch.
You may also want to watch:
The Canaries continued to impress after the break and would have avoided an anxious final few minutes had Benny Ashley-Seal's 77th minute effort gone in rather than strike an upright.
Tottenham appeared to have thrown away any hopes of salvaging something out of the game when Kyle Walker-Peters was sent off after picking up two yellow cards in the space of a minute for poor challenges. As it was they regrouped and pulled one back three minutes from time when Will Miller tucked away a rebound off keeper Jake Kean – but City held on to take all three points.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
City-Under-21s: Kean, Hall-Johnson, Efete, Coker, Uade, Grant, Adams, Lewis, Eaton-Collins (McIntosh 45), Middleton, Ashley-Seal.