City-Town derbies moved on a day
CHRIS LAKEY Norwich's East Anglian derby clashes against Ipswich have been moved to Sunday kick-offs following requests from police.
Norwich's East Anglian derby clashes against Ipswich have been moved to Sunday kick-offs.
City were due to make the trip down the A140 on November 18, with their arch-rivals coming the other way on April 21 - the penultimate home game of the season.
But within 24 hours of the new season's fixture list being released, Norfolk and Suffolk police forces have, as expected, requested that the games be moved to the following day - with noon kick-offs.
You may also want to watch:
There may be further changes, to kick-off times only, should Sky TV select one or both of the matches for live coverage.
A date, meanwhile, has been set for the Carling Cup tie at Torquay, which will be played on Wednesday, August 23, kick-off 7.45pm.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
The first-round match will be the first competitive outing for the club's new white away strip - the Canaries have Championship matches at Leeds and Derby County, who both play in predominantly white strips, before their trip to the south coast.
Canaries fans making the long journey south will be able to pay at the turnstiles, with seat prices at £15 for adults, £12 for senior citizens and students and £5 for under-16s. Terracing prices are £14, £11 and £5.
City have been allocated 1500 seats for their second pre-season friendly of the summer, at Cambridge United on July 15 (3pm). There are no tickets on sale in advance. Turnstiles prices are £13 for adults, £8 for senior citizens and students and £5 for under-16s.