City starlets get run-out at Stevenage
Norwich City's second string play the first of two games in the space of two days this afternoon when they travel to Stevenage Borough. Team boss Ricky Martin will have first-teamers Michael Spillane, Kris Renton and Robert Eagle in his starting line-up, although they are expected to be given only an hour each - and won't feature in Thursday afternoon's game at home to Luton.
Norwich City's second string play the first of two games in the space of two days this afternoon when they travel to Stevenage Borough (2pm).
Team boss Ricky Martin will have first-teamers Michael Spillane, Kris Renton and Robert Eagle in his starting line-up, although they are expected to be given only an hour each - and won't feature in Thursday afternoon's game at home to Luton.
Martin is without central defender Alvin Quaye, who is having a trial with Leyton Orient, and Jamie Eames, who is on trial with Stevenage - although he won't face City today. Defender Andrew Cave-Brown is also absent, playing for Scotland Under-20s in a friendly against Austria in Glasgow tonight.
“Michael and Kris need a bit of a run-out after their short run-outs at the weekend but they won't get much more than an hour,” said Martin. “They are likely to be back with the first team by Thursday when we will have a different-looking squad for the game against Luton.”
You may also want to watch:
Spillane partners Matthew Halliday in the centre of the City defence, with Irish defender Gareth Matthews at right back and Mark O'Toole on the left. Bally Smart plays wide right, Robert Eagle wide left with Patrick Bexfield, Ross Kelly and Tom Miller in a midfield three - Renton leading the line.
Norwich are seventh in the 10-team Pontins Holidays Combination East Division table, two places and 10 points clear of their Conference League hosts. The match, at Stevenage's Broadhall Way, kicks off at 2pm, while Thursday's game against Luton is at the Colney training centre.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
Norwich: Arnold, O'Toole, Halliday, Spillane, Matthews, Eagle, Bexfield, Kelly, Miller, Smart, Renton. Subs: Muddel, Lathorpe, McLean, Daley, Byrne.