City of Norwich Swimming Club members Jessica-Jane Applegate and Jordan Catchpole set new world records in Germany
- Credit: Archant
Jessica-Jane Applegate set four new world records at the German International Swimming Championships in Berlin.
City of Norwich Swimming Club team-mate Jordan Catchpole also set a new world record and a British record as the swimmers prepare for the British Summer Championships to be held in Sheffield later this month.
The pair will be aiming to qualify for the IPC World Championships held in Mexico in September.
Applegate in particular was in superb form in Germany as she set four new S14 world records in the 400m individual medley, 400m freestyle heats and final and the 800m freestyle. She also set new personal bests in the 50m and 100m freestyle and 100m butterfly.
Catchpole, who was making his international debut, set a new S14 world record in the 200m backstroke and broke his own S14 British record in the 50m backstroke. He also set a new personal best in the 400m freestyle.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Alex Pinniger said: 'Jessica-Jane and Jordan have both excelled in Berlin at this key stage in the season. They will now begin their final preparations leading in to the British Summer Championships where they will join their City of Norwich team mates and targeting even better performances.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown