City of Norwich Swimming Club members Jessica-Jane Applegate and Jordan Catchpole set new world records in Germany
- Credit: Archant
Jessica-Jane Applegate set four new world records at the German International Swimming Championships in Berlin.
City of Norwich Swimming Club team-mate Jordan Catchpole also set a new world record and a British record as the swimmers prepare for the British Summer Championships to be held in Sheffield later this month.
The pair will be aiming to qualify for the IPC World Championships held in Mexico in September.
Applegate in particular was in superb form in Germany as she set four new S14 world records in the 400m individual medley, 400m freestyle heats and final and the 800m freestyle. She also set new personal bests in the 50m and 100m freestyle and 100m butterfly.
Catchpole, who was making his international debut, set a new S14 world record in the 200m backstroke and broke his own S14 British record in the 50m backstroke. He also set a new personal best in the 400m freestyle.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Alex Pinniger said: 'Jessica-Jane and Jordan have both excelled in Berlin at this key stage in the season. They will now begin their final preparations leading in to the British Summer Championships where they will join their City of Norwich team mates and targeting even better performances.'
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars