City of Norwich AC athlete Mitch Goose caught by fall in National Collegiate Athletic Association Indoor 3000m Championship.
City of Norwich AC athlete Mitch Goose, based at Iona University, New York, headed to Idaho last weekend to compete in the National Collegiate Athletic Association Indoor 3000m Championship.
He travelled in confident mood having recently clocked a very fast 7min 51sec time for the event and had also broken 4 minutes over the mile distance.
Sad to report, as is often the case in indoor athletics, contested on a tight 200m track with a bunched field, Goose came to grief mid race when tripped from behind. Nursing a very sore hip he picked himself up and bravely finished the race, albeit a distant forlorn figure.
Putting the disappointment behind him, Goose will take a break to recover from the injury sustained and look forward to the US Outdoor season where he can look forward to recording some fast times.
Loyalo University, Chicago-based City club athlete James McLachlan made it to the final of the Long Jump and produced a effort of 7.42m, somewhat below is best mark of 7.72m, when placed 11th overall in a very competitive field.
On the home front Nick Earl and Josh Entwistle headed for Manchester to compete in the Trafford 10km Road Race.
They certainly made their trip when worthwhile when in a quality field they recorded new personal best times by a margin.
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 7 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 10 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight
Earl broke the 32 minute barrier for the first time when clocking a fast 31min 24secs as did Entwistle who finished in 31min 54scs.