City 'close to Cureton deal'
Norwich City were today reported to be close to re-signing striker Jamie Cureton.The 31-year-old ex-Canary was top scorer in the Coca-Cola Championship last season with 23 goals in 44 games for Colchester.
Norwich City were today reported to be close to re-signing striker Jamie Cureton.
The 31-year-old ex-Canary was top scorer in the Coca-Cola Championship last season with 23 goals in 44 games for Colchester.
But Cureton, who left Carrow Road for Bristol Rovers in 1996 after scoring six times in 32 games, has made no secret of his wish to leave Layer Road and last week issued a “come and get me” message to his former club.
Manager Peter Grant admitted at the time he was a big admirer of Cureton.
You may also want to watch:
Asked whether Cureton had figured in his thoughts, Grant said: “For sure. There's no doubt that he's a top-quality player - one that's obviously very close in my way of thinking.
“I always liked him when I played against him after coming to England. He is one of those guys you always have to be careful of.”
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
Reports on BBC Essex suggest a deal between Colchester and Norwich is nearing completion.
Bristol-born Cureton also had spells with Bristol Rovers, Reading, Queen's Park Rangers and Swindon.