Chorley 2 Lowestoft Town 2
- Credit: Russell Hart/Focus Images Ltd
A goal in the first minute and a last gasp equaliser earned Lowestoft Town a point on their Comference North debut this afternoon.
Debutant Jefferson Louis scooped home the late equaliser to make it 2-2 after Shaun Bammant had given the Trawlerboys the lead after just 32 seconds.
In between the goals, Chorley dominated and the visitors were thankful to a superb display from keeper Ashlee Jones who denied the home side on several occasions.
But even he could do little about an scrambled Harry Winter goal on 27 minutes and a James Dean penalty he conceded 11 mins from time.
A hard-earned point for the Blues after a dogged display.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 10 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree