Chippenham 2 King’s Lynn Town 1: Linnets’ unbeaten run comes to an end
- Credit: Simon Moore/Focus Images Limited
Lee Stevenson's late goal proved nothing more than a consolation as King's Lynn Town's nine-match unbeaten run in the league came to an end.
As Lynn took the game to the Wiltshire side in the opening stages Sam Warburton sent a shot high over the bar. Just before the half-hour mark Alex Street was forced into a diving save when Andy Sandell's long throw found home skipper Greg Tindle and his scissors kick had the Linnets keeper at full stretch.
Chippenham were awarded a free kick on 33 minutes when Sandell was sandwiched between two Linnets defenders with Tom Ward picking up a yellow card. The Southern Premier's top scorer took the kick himself and his curling shot at speed gave Street no chance as it nestled in the top left-hand corner.
Before the break the Bluebirds almost made it two but Sandell's cross to the unmarked Pratt went behind his fellow strike partner.
In the first minute of the second period the lively Pratt found Sandell whose shot hit the foot of a post before Street was able to dive on the loose ball.
You may also want to watch:
Sandell's driven cross was then headed over by Alex Ferguson before Lynn fell two behind after a mistake by Ward on 58 minutes allowed Ferguson to find Smith in acres of space on the right and he drove forward before cutting a shot across Street and into the far corner.
Stevenson halved the deficit when he bundled home a right wing cross from substitute Kurtis Revan.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
Revan then saw an 84th-minute effort pushed around a post by Chitty, and three minutes later the home keeper denied Revan with two successive blocks.