Cheshunt striker’s absence is a big plus for Ryman League Division One North strugglers Wroxham
Having come up against the league leaders on Saturday in the shape of AFC Sudbury, Wroxham may have a boost of good fortune this weekend, writes Adrian Gowling.
Potentially missing from today's opponents will be the formidable force of Ryman League Division One North leading marksman Jason Hallett. Cheshunt's star striker has scored 33 times so far this season, including a hat-trick when the Yachtsmen drew 3-3 draw in the reverse fixture. Unfortunately for the Ambers, Hallett picked up a knee injury against Aveley at the end of last month and reports are that he could potentially be missing for the remainder of the season.
Wroxham, one point above the bottom three, still find themselves perilously close to the relegation places despite five wins in 12 games since manager Damian Hilton's arrival from Norwich United. A close defeat on Saturday against champions-elect Sudbury was followed by a 1-0 loss at Aveley on Monday night.
Hilton had to shuffle his pack on Monday as players were unavailable and is likely to make changes again this afternoon for the home game at Trafford Park. Absent though will be centre-half Matt Halliday while Lewis Sturman, who was withdrawn after half an hour on Monday, could also miss out.
Despite two defeats in little over 48 hours, manager Hilton is still hopeful of finishing outside of the relegation zone and is targeting points in the Yachtmen's final three league games, two of which are at home.
You may also want to watch:
Cheshunt meanwhile are eyeing the Ryman North play-off places themselves and currently sit two positions and three points outside of the top five.
Manager Paul Wickendon feels that his side will still have plenty of firepower with Liam Hope, John Frendo and Adam Bolle all capable goalscorers in the absence of Hallett.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 8 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit