Cheshunt 0, Wroxham 0
- Credit: IAN BURT
Wroxham had to settle for a point in their mid-table clash at Cheshunt on Saturday as the Yachtsmen made it five consecutive matches without defeat.
David Batch's men have hit an impressive run of form in recent weeks, notably seeing off Harlow and drawing against play-off chasing Aveley, but they couldn't break down a stubborn Cheshunt rearguard.
Wroxham made the brighter start but found goalkeeper Matthew Bennett in excellent form as they spurned a number of chances to open the scoring.
The hosts almost caught them cold at the start of the second half when a nice move ended with Mike Deane volleying over the bar.
However, Wroxham managed to re-assert their authority and should have taken the lead but, again, they were guilty of being wasteful in front of goal
You may also want to watch:
As the game wore on Cheshunt looked happy to settle for a point although they did look to hit Wroxham on the break when they could.
This tactic almost worked late on when Courtney White had an excellent chance to steal the points but his effort was cleared off the line.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham