Cheshunt 0, Wroxham 0
- Credit: IAN BURT
Wroxham had to settle for a point in their mid-table clash at Cheshunt on Saturday as the Yachtsmen made it five consecutive matches without defeat.
David Batch's men have hit an impressive run of form in recent weeks, notably seeing off Harlow and drawing against play-off chasing Aveley, but they couldn't break down a stubborn Cheshunt rearguard.
Wroxham made the brighter start but found goalkeeper Matthew Bennett in excellent form as they spurned a number of chances to open the scoring.
The hosts almost caught them cold at the start of the second half when a nice move ended with Mike Deane volleying over the bar.
However, Wroxham managed to re-assert their authority and should have taken the lead but, again, they were guilty of being wasteful in front of goal
As the game wore on Cheshunt looked happy to settle for a point although they did look to hit Wroxham on the break when they could.
This tactic almost worked late on when Courtney White had an excellent chance to steal the points but his effort was cleared off the line.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 5 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 6 Boss 'gutted' after scenes cut from Ed Balls' Who Do You Think You Are?
- 7 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 8 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 9 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance
- 10 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk