Chatham Town 1, Wroxham 1
Wroxham were relieved to escape with a point at Chatham Town on Saturday thanks largely to some poor finishing from the home side.
Manager David Batch handed a debut to new signing Angelo Harrop, brought in from Brantham in midweek – the midfielder replaced Matt Daniels, who was unavailable due to family commitments. It was Harrop who had the first meaningful effort of the afternoon but the midfielder's long range effort sailed wide after 10 minutes.
Chatham should have taken the lead five minutes later when left-back Mark Lewis's cross found Jack Pallen who put the ball wide when it seemed as though he had to score. Wroxham had another let-off shortly afterwards when Jamie Lawrence headed wide when well placed.
Midway into the half Danny Self sent a looping ball into the Chatham half finding Matt Blake, the Yachtsmen striker sending his shot wide of Roberts' goal.
Wroxham hit the front when Harrop's corner kick was met by the incoming Martin McNeil who headed home against the run of play.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham's lead would be a short-lived one though as Chatham captain Brad Potter found time and space on the edge of the Wroxham box to send his well placed shot just inside Hilton's left hand post for the equaliser.
The second half started as the first had finished with Chatham looking the most likely to score and on 48 minutes Jack Pallen became the latest Chats player to shoot wide of the charmed Wroxham goal.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
The majority of play continued in the Wroxham half and on 64 minutes Josh Carus did well to block Chatham's Lee Hayes goal-bound effort and a free-kick found Brad Potter who put his header wide.
On 73 minutes Wroxham fashioned a rare attacking move following some neat passing when Harrop found Ben Thompson whose shot lacked power to trouble Roberts in the Chatham goal.
• Chatham: Roberts, Laker, Lewis, Solly, Potter, Newman, Lawrence, Hales, Sigere, Pallen, Tilley. Subs: Jeffery, Palmer, Smith, Metitri, Kessel.
• Wroxham: Hilton, Self, Turner, Carus, Mcneil, Eastaugh, Harrop, Lemmon, Thompson, Blake, Speller. Subs: Halliday, Harty, Gordon, Attree, Challen.
• Referee: Matthew Goldsmith
• Attendance: 147