Chatham Town 1, Wroxham 1
Wroxham were relieved to escape with a point at Chatham Town on Saturday thanks largely to some poor finishing from the home side.
Manager David Batch handed a debut to new signing Angelo Harrop, brought in from Brantham in midweek – the midfielder replaced Matt Daniels, who was unavailable due to family commitments. It was Harrop who had the first meaningful effort of the afternoon but the midfielder's long range effort sailed wide after 10 minutes.
Chatham should have taken the lead five minutes later when left-back Mark Lewis's cross found Jack Pallen who put the ball wide when it seemed as though he had to score. Wroxham had another let-off shortly afterwards when Jamie Lawrence headed wide when well placed.
Midway into the half Danny Self sent a looping ball into the Chatham half finding Matt Blake, the Yachtsmen striker sending his shot wide of Roberts' goal.
Wroxham hit the front when Harrop's corner kick was met by the incoming Martin McNeil who headed home against the run of play.
Wroxham's lead would be a short-lived one though as Chatham captain Brad Potter found time and space on the edge of the Wroxham box to send his well placed shot just inside Hilton's left hand post for the equaliser.
The second half started as the first had finished with Chatham looking the most likely to score and on 48 minutes Jack Pallen became the latest Chats player to shoot wide of the charmed Wroxham goal.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 4 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 5 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 6 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 7 Come and meet the animals you could adopt at RSPCA open day
- 8 Thieves run off with alcohol worth nearly £5,000 from Tesco
- 9 New 250-space car park could be created near picturesque Norfolk harbour
- 10 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
The majority of play continued in the Wroxham half and on 64 minutes Josh Carus did well to block Chatham's Lee Hayes goal-bound effort and a free-kick found Brad Potter who put his header wide.
On 73 minutes Wroxham fashioned a rare attacking move following some neat passing when Harrop found Ben Thompson whose shot lacked power to trouble Roberts in the Chatham goal.
• Chatham: Roberts, Laker, Lewis, Solly, Potter, Newman, Lawrence, Hales, Sigere, Pallen, Tilley. Subs: Jeffery, Palmer, Smith, Metitri, Kessel.
• Wroxham: Hilton, Self, Turner, Carus, Mcneil, Eastaugh, Harrop, Lemmon, Thompson, Blake, Speller. Subs: Halliday, Harty, Gordon, Attree, Challen.
• Referee: Matthew Goldsmith
• Attendance: 147