America-based striker Charlie Clarke joins King’s Lynn on short-term deal
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn Town have signed young striker Charlie Clarke on a short-term deal.
Clarke, based in Hellesdon, has been playing in America where he is coming to the end of a four-year football scholarship.
He scored two goals in 12 appearances for Norfolk Under-18s earlier in his career and will remain at Lynn until the middle of January with a view to returning to Norfolk in the summer once he has completed his scholarship.
'We are delighted to bring Charlie to the club. He's a great prospect who we've had our eye on for some time now,' Linnets director of football Robbie Back told the club's official web site.
'He trained with the team on Thursday night and will go straight into the squad for Saturday's home game against Rushall Olympic.
You may also want to watch:
'Ian (Culverhouse) and myself are still working hard to add another face to the squad and hope to have some further news on this in the near future.'
Clarke marked his debut for Bryan College with five goals in his first game and was the college side's leading scorer with 14 goals in 2016.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
The youngster put pen-to-paper for Chattanooga FC in 2017 and celebrated his first team bow with a goal and an assist in a friendly against Chivas under-23s.