Changes announced for local finals due to Norwich City’s play-off clash with Ipswich Town
Norwich City's qualification for the Sky Bet Championship play-offs has caused three Norfolk cup finals to be rearranged – although all three will still be played at Carrow Road.
Norfolk Football Association had been in discussions with the Canaries to ensure the smooth running of the local finals, once City's play-off semi-final details were confirmed.
Norwich travel to arch rivals Ipswich Town in the first leg of the play-off semi-finals this Saturday, followed by the second leg at Carrow Road on Saturday, May 16, both starting at 12.15pm.
The Norfolk Senior Cup final had been provisionally scheduled to be played at Carrow Road during the evening of Friday, May 15 – the day before the Blues travel to Norfolk.
That final, between Ryman North rivals Wroxham and Dereham, will now be played on Tuesday, May 19, with a 7.30pm kick-off, to protect the Carrow Road pitch ahead of the big match.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham were beaten by lower-level Gorleston in last season's Senior Cup final, although Gorleston manager Stewart Larter and some of the Greens players now play for Wroxham.
The Norfolk Junior Cup final will still be played on Saturday, May 16, but with a new kick-off time of 7.30pm. The match pits Almary Green Anglian Combination Division Two side Sprowston Athletic against Crown Fire Central & South Norfolk League champions Castle Acre Swifts.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 10 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
The Norfolk Sunday Senior Cup final between Schoolhouse and El Sol has also been moved and will now take place on Saturday, May 30, also with a 7.30pm kick-off.
Last year's Junior Cup final saw Catfield beat Scole United 4-2 and the Sunday Senior Cup was won by AFC Wanderers, beating Windmill 2-1.