Challis aiming for a repeat victory on his home track
The Euro Saloons will provide plenty of excitement this weekend at Snetterton with Peter Challis providing the local interest with his Super Touring Nissan Primera.
The Arrowpak-supported racer will face stiff opposition but is determined to mirror last year's late season victory on home turf.
Chief amongst the Feltwell racer's rivals will be Andy Robinson with his Australian-built Ford Falcon along with Dean Cockell's potent turbocharge Ford Escort Cosworth as well as Richard Hawken in a similar Nissan Primera.
The fastest series will be the Open Sports Car Championship which has been dominated by Tony Sinclair and his Jade while Doug Hart with his Chiron and Andrew Kimpton in a similar Jade to its creator will be determined to defeat the runner away series leader.
The Porsche Boxters looked promising on their debut last year at Snetterton with David Clark dominating both races. Newmarket racer Gerry Taylor gave chase in the opening event and would like to avenge that defeat this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Hobbs will benefit from Jez Clark's guidance on the Norfolk layout and should therefore have a head start in the Crossle 9S event.
The longest race will be for the Fun Cup competitors whose race will last four hours.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 10 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
Earlier in the season Neil Plimmer and Geoff Fawcett won by nearly a lap and will once more start are the pre-race favourites.
The Saker sports car made its UK debut at Snetterton back in May with Dutch racer Derwen Belt winning all three events and it will be interesting to see the progress made in the series.
The VW GTi Series complete the 14 race programme which starts on Saturday at 12.25pm with the Fun Cup while the Sakers will be first away at 9.30am on Sunday.