Challis aiming for a repeat victory on his home track
The Euro Saloons will provide plenty of excitement this weekend at Snetterton with Peter Challis providing the local interest with his Super Touring Nissan Primera.
The Arrowpak-supported racer will face stiff opposition but is determined to mirror last year's late season victory on home turf.
Chief amongst the Feltwell racer's rivals will be Andy Robinson with his Australian-built Ford Falcon along with Dean Cockell's potent turbocharge Ford Escort Cosworth as well as Richard Hawken in a similar Nissan Primera.
The fastest series will be the Open Sports Car Championship which has been dominated by Tony Sinclair and his Jade while Doug Hart with his Chiron and Andrew Kimpton in a similar Jade to its creator will be determined to defeat the runner away series leader.
The Porsche Boxters looked promising on their debut last year at Snetterton with David Clark dominating both races. Newmarket racer Gerry Taylor gave chase in the opening event and would like to avenge that defeat this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Hobbs will benefit from Jez Clark's guidance on the Norfolk layout and should therefore have a head start in the Crossle 9S event.
The longest race will be for the Fun Cup competitors whose race will last four hours.
- 1 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
Earlier in the season Neil Plimmer and Geoff Fawcett won by nearly a lap and will once more start are the pre-race favourites.
The Saker sports car made its UK debut at Snetterton back in May with Dutch racer Derwen Belt winning all three events and it will be interesting to see the progress made in the series.
The VW GTi Series complete the 14 race programme which starts on Saturday at 12.25pm with the Fun Cup while the Sakers will be first away at 9.30am on Sunday.