Challenging course at Forest Edge
Senior British Showjumping at Forest Edge last weekend saw 127 horses competing over the challenging courses, set by local course designer Sue Peasley.
The Forest Edge Local Rider's 1.05 Open classes each day were very popular, with competitors trying for three double clears over the year to qualify for the Championship Class at the prestigious Pre-Olympia Show at Forest Edge on December 7-9.
The class was established to give local, regular riders their own championship as a thank you from Forest Edge for their regular support. Winners were: Anna Strawson riding Mytice Minding Time and Francesca Williams with Starbrook.
Sunday saw the end-of-season Rands & Wilson Feeds Showjumping Championships, with riders competing for generous class prizes and best turned out trophies.
Championship winners were Isobel Staff and Scotsford Last Chance (60cm), Charlotte Rose-Eyre and CB Sam (70cm), Paige Staff and Supernova Starlight (80cm), Sally Rose and Its Logic (90cm) and Gill Mason with Greenvale Legacy taking the 1m class.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend Forest Edge is hosting a Trailblazer's second round; with dressage on Saturday and showjumping on Sunday.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 4 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 5 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 6 Man seriously injured after crash
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 10 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich