Chadwick signing completed
CHRIS LAKEY Canaries boss Peter Grant today wrapped up his first signing of the year - but immediately put him on four weeks' notice for an appearance.
Canaries boss Peter Grant today wrapped up his first signing of the year - but immediately put him on four weeks' notice for an appearance.
Luke Chadwick put pen to paper this evening on a two-and-a-half year deal after completing a £200,000 move from Stoke City.
The former Manchester United man has been on loan at Carrow Road since mid-November, but suffered a gashed knee on his goal-scoring debut at Ipswich when he collided with an advertising board.
You may also want to watch:
“He's still about four weeks away,” said Grant. “Because of the nature of the gash and where it was it's been a problem for him. He's not been able to flex his knee and work on his leg so we've got to watch his muscles and build him up gradually.”
Despite the continued absence of the 26-year-old, Grant said eh was delighted to tie up the deal.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 6 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 7 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
“I think people saw on his debut at Ipswich what a good player he can be for us,” said Grant, who still wants to add three or four new faces during the window.
“I think he was the shining light for us that day and we also saw how good he was when he was in the Stoke side which beat us 5-0.
“He's another player with great quality and will add to our squad. He wants to be successful and want to be back playing in the Premier League with us.”