Chadwick back in full training next week
Canaries midfielder Luke Chadwick is expected to resume full training on Monday.Chadwick has been out since his debut at Ipswich in mid-November, when he collided with an advertising hoarding and suffered a knee injury.
Canaries midfielder Luke Chadwick is expected to resume full training on Monday.
Chadwick has been out since his debut at Ipswich in mid-November, when he collided with an advertising hoarding and suffered a knee injury.
City boss Peter Grant had hoped to see Chadwick, signed from Stoke on loan in a deal which was made permanent in the January transfer window, back within six weeks.
But scans showed bruising on his bone - an injury that was as bad as a broken leg.
You may also want to watch:
However, scans have revealed progress and Chadwick is expected to resume full training on Monday.
“His scan is a lot better than the previous one, so we are hoping he starts getting back into full training next Monday,” said Grant.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 8 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 9 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
“He has been on the training pitch and kicking a ball and we'll get his fitness tested now.”
The problem facing Grant now is not just to get the 26-year-old back to match fitness - but finding a fixture to reintroduce him. And that could well be a Championship game, given City's dearth of reserve team commitments.
“It is a case of him playing against opposition that will allow us to see the best of him so maybe it will be in the first team right away, depending on what players we have available,” said Grant.