Ceyms C took good for Premier B Division
- Credit: Archant
Results in Norwich and District League's Premier B are likely to have shaped the final look of the season with big wins for the top two.
Impressive leaders Ceyms C had a tough looking 6-4 win over Taverham A – then the Ceyms trio of Paul Barrett, Robin Thaxter, and Paul Brown followed up with a 10-0 demolition of Dynamic Rams who themselves are having an impressive season, lying third in the table. This is also proof that Ceyms really are too good for this division.
Wensum D dispatched bottom team Foxwood E 10-0 to cement second spot in the table.
Returners A have taken two wins from three games and now sit in a lofty mid-table position to continue their decent season.
In Division One, Taverham hosted the match against St Faiths Centre A. It was 1-1 before George Luong's incredible game with Andy Cullum, with George netting, spinning and serving in a 'passionate' match. Andy squeezed the win in the fifth to put SFC ahead. Then came a game of 'margins' between Eric Melvin and St Stephens' Paul Elsegood, which went Taverham's way. Jack Harrowing did the same and it was even stevens at 3-3. Elsegood won a critical rubber against Luong 11-9 in the fifth. Cullum just got home against Melvin in another five-setter as SFC went 5-3 up. Paul Arthurs sealed the match for SFC with a star performance, beating Harrowing.
You may also want to watch:
NCC A lost to Foxwood H, 6-4. If this was a football match it would be described as a game of two halves – NCC A came up against a very determined Foxwood H team and the visitors stormed into an unassailable 6-0 lead, despite some very close games.
However, at that point, not to be discouraged NCC A proceeded to win the last four to make the result more respectable.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 4 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 10 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
It was a tight match played in very good spirits with an abundance of nets and edges all round but Foxwood just edged it.
Promotion-chasing Foxwood G, with the inclusion of Mark Trett, proved too strong for the SFC B boys this time around. Foxwood taking all four points with an 8-2 win.
On a freezing night in Keswick struggling Harriers D managed to pull together their first home win, 7-3, this season, against a strong Wensum F team. Dom Clark won all his three for Harriers.