Catfield aim to complete quadruple in Norfolk Junior Cup final at Carrow Road
- Credit: Joe Dent/JMP
Catfield will be looking to complete a remarkable quadruple tonight when they face Scole United in the Norfolk Junior Cup final at Carrow Road.
The Cats are the cup holders and are unbeaten this season, winning the Great Yarmouth & District League as well as both the HA Holmes League Cup and the Wiltshire Cup. Victory would make them the first team in over 40 years to retain the trophy – something their manager, Peter Self, is keen to ensure happens.
'To achieve what Town Hall FC did all those years ago would be amazing,' he said. 'Scole will be doing everything they can to stop us doing this though and we know how good they are, so we will not underestimate them.'
Scole have already been crowned champions of Anglian Combination Division Two. The two sides also met in last season's Junior Cup competition, when Catfield ran out 5-4 winners in an enthralling third-round tie.
However, Scole boss James Last believes his side have improved since then.
You may also want to watch:
'When we played them last year we were missing seven senior players so it wasn't our full-strength side,' he said. 'We have added (to the squad) this season and in my opinion have the best squad at Scole for over a decade. Both teams are quite physical so it could be a feisty encounter.'
The turnstiles open from 6.30pm, with entry at £5 adults and £1 concessions.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 10 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow