Carp Show set for Norfolk Showground
Thousands of fishermen will flock to the Norfolk Showground this weekend as the largest fishing event in East Anglia finally takes centre stage.
The British Carp & Angling Show was due to take place in January but, due to the wintry weather at the time, it had to be rescheduled for this weekend.
Some of the biggest names in the angling world will be attending the event including the likes of John Wilson MBE, Bob Nudd MBE and Rob Maylin.
More than 120 top fishing companies will be there whilst there will also be expert consultants on every stand with fishing tips, advice and product reviews.
Wilson will also be hosting a rigging clinic for youngsters to come and learn the best methods to tie a rig whilst Nudd will give a presentation on match fishing in the Pro-theatre.
You may also want to watch:
Local blogger Jamie Bale will discuss the best places to fish in Norfolk and Suffolk whilst Rob Maylin, Pete Springate and Jerry Hammond will all be signing copies of their books and chatting with guests.
Keith Williams will also be demonstrating bait recipes in the Mainline Bait Kitchen with Leigh Hemsley in the Mad Baits Clinic.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 4 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 7 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 8 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 9 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 10 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
Members of the public are invited along to the show at the Showground's Exhibition Hall, where adult tickets can be purchased on the gate for £10 each and children £5, or pre-booked online at www.britishcarpshow.co.uk at a reduced rate (adults £8, children £3).
The show runs from 9am-5pm on Saturday and 9am-4pm on Sunday – for more information call 01702 549623.