Carp Show set for Norfolk Showground
Thousands of fishermen will flock to the Norfolk Showground this weekend as the largest fishing event in East Anglia finally takes centre stage.
The British Carp & Angling Show was due to take place in January but, due to the wintry weather at the time, it had to be rescheduled for this weekend.
Some of the biggest names in the angling world will be attending the event including the likes of John Wilson MBE, Bob Nudd MBE and Rob Maylin.
More than 120 top fishing companies will be there whilst there will also be expert consultants on every stand with fishing tips, advice and product reviews.
Wilson will also be hosting a rigging clinic for youngsters to come and learn the best methods to tie a rig whilst Nudd will give a presentation on match fishing in the Pro-theatre.
Local blogger Jamie Bale will discuss the best places to fish in Norfolk and Suffolk whilst Rob Maylin, Pete Springate and Jerry Hammond will all be signing copies of their books and chatting with guests.
Keith Williams will also be demonstrating bait recipes in the Mainline Bait Kitchen with Leigh Hemsley in the Mad Baits Clinic.
- 1 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 2 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 3 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 4 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 5 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 6 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Part of Norfolk Coast Path to close for seven weeks
- 9 'Genuine shock' after biker killed in town centre hit-and-run
- 10 Police ask neighbours to turn in inconsiderate parkers in new crackdown
Members of the public are invited along to the show at the Showground's Exhibition Hall, where adult tickets can be purchased on the gate for £10 each and children £5, or pre-booked online at www.britishcarpshow.co.uk at a reduced rate (adults £8, children £3).
The show runs from 9am-5pm on Saturday and 9am-4pm on Sunday – for more information call 01702 549623.