Carousel Riding Club set to host first event of 2012 with Badminton winner Paul Tapner
The Carousel Riding Club is looking forward to starting their 2012 season this month – the first event is a cross-country clinic with Badminton winner Paul Tapner at Ely Eventing Centre on February 18.
Ely Eventing has a huge variety of fences suitable for all grades of horse and rider and is built on Fenland peat, which gives good going all year round.
The first competitive event of the season is the annual Cross Country at Sussex Farm, Burnham Market on Sunday, March 4.
There are classes for everyone from the 65cm Clear Round to the 1m/1.05m Open. This is always a popular event so pre-entry is strongly recommended. The closing date for pre entry is Monday, March 1.
The summer season of shows at Blackwater Farm starts early this year with the first on Sunday, March 31. As usual there are a wide variety of classes with dressage from Intro to Medium level and show jumping from 60cm to 1.05m as well as a wide variety of showing classes both under saddle and in hand.
You may also want to watch:
The dates for the other four mixed shows are May 20, June 17, July 22 and August 12. The popular showing show, which has lots of qualifiers, is also at Blackwater Farm, on June 2.
Other events are being arranged for later in the summer. There will also be a variety of training opportunities across the disciplines. Full details of all events and training can be found at www.carouselridingclub.co.uk, where membership forms can also be downloaded.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed