Carl Breeze joins Team Norfolk bid for glory
Team Norfolk heads to its home track of Snetterton determined to show its Honda and Seat rivals in the Britcar Production category the way around the new layout.
Toftwood's Tom Howard has drafted in the experienced Carl Breeze, from King's Lynn, to co-drive with him in the TJ Motorsport prepared Ginetta G40 and so far the home team have made a decent impression.
In the opening event the pair suffered with a misfire which restricted Howard a pit lane start but he managed to work his way up to second place before handing over to Breeze who raced to fifth despite the car cutting out on the final lap.
In the second race, held on a damp track, Breeze led the class but a clutch problem occurred as he handed over to Howard who brought the Besthorpe prepare car home in a worthy second place.
Honda mounted Nigel Ainge and Mike Jordan will be tough to defeat while the Seat of Paul Black/Clive Bailye will also provide tough opposition for the local squad this Saturday.
In the British Endurance Championship the Lotus Evora, prepared by Fluid Motorsport of Roudham near East Harling, leads the series with former Champion of Snetterton racer Martin Byford heading the driving duties.
Along with Richard Adams and David Green Byford will be keen not give up too much ground to their rivals on the long Snetterton straights as their rivals have better top speed while the Lotus's advantage is in the corners.
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 5 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 8 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 9 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
Overall victory will be fought out between the Mosler MT900R of Javier Morcillo/Manuel Cintrano/Paul White and the Ginetta G55 of Lee Mowle/George Murrells while the rapid SR2 of Michael Millard/Ian Howard/Nigel Rata should never be discounted on the Snetterton sweeps.
A pair of 4two Cup races plus a round of the Alfashop supported Alfa Romeo Championship completes the support package with racing starting from 11.30am.