Captain Kerr will lead King’s Lynn Young Stars’ 2013 National League glory charge
The King's Lynn Young Stars manager Dale Allitt has announced that British youngster Lewis Kerr will return to the Norfolk Arena next season — and he will be the new club captain.
22-year-old Kerr has been with the club since 2010, and has progressed from a reserve position up to the main body of the team over the past three seasons.
The former motocross star, who is set for a heat leader role next season, joins Tom Young, Tom Stokes and Shane Hazelden in the 2013 Young Stars team.
Kerr will return on a 6.67 average, and team manager Dale Allitt is delighted to have secured his services next season.
Allitt said: 'We are very pleased to have signed Lewis up, a number of National League teams were interested in him and I think he could have gone to quite a few of them. It's great that he has shown loyalty to the club, and he recognises the faith and effort that we have put in him over the past 12 months.'
You may also want to watch:
'Lewis will come back to the team as captain next season, something that he did a couple of times towards the end of the season and I think it brought out the best in him. He is very motivated, and I feel he can do a good job. Lewis' enthusiasm can only benefit the team next season.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back