Cantabrigian 42, West Norfolk 15
West Norfolk were unable to prevent Eastern Counties Division One champions Cantabrigian from completing an invincible season as they fell to a heavy defeat in their final game of the season.
Nigel Richardson's charges took a shock but deserved lead when Craig Edwards crashed over. However, Cantabs turned over countless scrums as they forced their way into a 23-10 half-time lead.
The hosts scored at will after the break but West's season ended on a high when Ross Biggs scored a late try following a fine run.
The rest of West Norfolk's points came through the boot of Paul Denton.
Richardson said: 'It was men against boys at times but we can be proud of themselves and the score did not reflect the effort the West lads gave.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich