Cantabrigian 42, West Norfolk 15
West Norfolk were unable to prevent Eastern Counties Division One champions Cantabrigian from completing an invincible season as they fell to a heavy defeat in their final game of the season.
Nigel Richardson's charges took a shock but deserved lead when Craig Edwards crashed over. However, Cantabs turned over countless scrums as they forced their way into a 23-10 half-time lead.
The hosts scored at will after the break but West's season ended on a high when Ross Biggs scored a late try following a fine run.
The rest of West Norfolk's points came through the boot of Paul Denton.
Richardson said: 'It was men against boys at times but we can be proud of themselves and the score did not reflect the effort the West lads gave.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car