Canaries set to face Linnets in Norfolk Senior Cup
Norwich City were handed a trip to United Counties League high-flyers King's Lynn Town in last night's draw for the quarter-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup.
A predominantly youthful City side won 5-1 at cup holders Dereham on Tuesday night to book their place in the last eight – and it is likely the Academy lads will get another chance to impress at The Walks, with the match set to take place in the week beginning January 7.
In an intriguing series of other ties Ridgeons League and Anglian Combination clubs have been paired together.
Mark Scott's Thetford Town, who have a 100 per cent record in Ridgeons League Division One, entertain David Batch's Premier Division table-toppers Wroxham.
Robert Taylor's Diss play host to Premier Division colleagues Gorleston, who are managed by Richard Daniels and Stuart Larter.
You may also want to watch:
The Anglian Combination will have one team in the semi-finals as Cringleford-based Norwich St Johns, who hammered Blofield 5-0, are at home to Anglian Combination colleagues Bradenham Wanderers, emphatic 4-0 winners over Loddon.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change