Canaries set to face Linnets in Norfolk Senior Cup
Norwich City were handed a trip to United Counties League high-flyers King's Lynn Town in last night's draw for the quarter-finals of the Norfolk Senior Cup.
A predominantly youthful City side won 5-1 at cup holders Dereham on Tuesday night to book their place in the last eight – and it is likely the Academy lads will get another chance to impress at The Walks, with the match set to take place in the week beginning January 7.
In an intriguing series of other ties Ridgeons League and Anglian Combination clubs have been paired together.
Mark Scott's Thetford Town, who have a 100 per cent record in Ridgeons League Division One, entertain David Batch's Premier Division table-toppers Wroxham.
Robert Taylor's Diss play host to Premier Division colleagues Gorleston, who are managed by Richard Daniels and Stuart Larter.
You may also want to watch:
The Anglian Combination will have one team in the semi-finals as Cringleford-based Norwich St Johns, who hammered Blofield 5-0, are at home to Anglian Combination colleagues Bradenham Wanderers, emphatic 4-0 winners over Loddon.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us