Canaries launch commemorative shirt
Norwich City have launched a commemorative shirt to mark their season-ticket sales over the past three years. City have averaged 20,000 season ticket sales over the last three seasons - and Dion Dublin says it's about time to begin rewarding them for their support.
Norwich City have launched a commemorative shirt to mark their season-ticket sales over the past three years.
City have averaged 20,000 season ticket sales over the last three seasons - and Dion Dublin says it's about time to begin rewarding them for their support.
“It is a great achievement for a club of its size,” said Dublin. “We all know it is not huge, there are massive clubs out there. This one just seems to maintain loyalty and for the fans to be buying 20,000 season ticket for the last three years is superb - I think we owe them something.
“They are still buying their season tickets and turning up and supporting us when they feel we need supporting and having a go at us over the last few games which has been deserved.
“It is not a case of taking it, it is a case of it is justified, and over the results we have had it is totally justified, without a doubt. We know we haven't performed, we have had bad results - it is not through the want off trying because the boys are trying their nuts off, we are working so hard.
“Come Saturday it just doesn't seem to be working for us. I do think a lot of it is luck but I do think a lot of it is that we haven't performed as well as we should have done and they have the right to air their views. When we start winning we might get the comments we want to hear.”
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 4 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 5 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 6 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 7 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 8 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 9 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- 10 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
To mark the season ticket achievement, City are producing 5,000 special edition commemorative shirts, which will be made available exclusively to 2007-08 season ticket holders.
Each shirt retains the core design qualities of the current home shirt, but fans can have their names woven into the material.
The Football League has given permission for the shirt to be worn by the Norwich City first team at a home game during spring 2008.
Pre-orders for the special shirts can be taken by phone on 0870 444 1902. Alternatively pre-order online through www.canaries.co.uk or over the counter at the Canary Stores at Carrow Road or The Mall.