Canaries in pole position for Otsemobor
Norwich City are in "pole position" to sign Crewe Alexandra defender Jon Otsemobor, according to the player's agent. Eric Walters revealed his client has already held talks with the club over a possible move and even went to Colney to view the club's training facilities.
Norwich City are in "pole position" to sign Crewe Alexandra defender Jon Otsemobor, according to the player's agent.
Eric Walters revealed his client has already held talks with the club over a possible move and even went to Colney to view the club's training facilities.
Otsemobor, 24, will be available on a free transfer in the summer as he is out of contract at Crewe, but Walters added that no decision will be made on the player's future until the end of May with other Championship clubs also interested.
"Jon has had a conversation with the club and we have spoken about the possibility of him joining Norwich," said Walters.
You may also want to watch:
"I would have to say that Norwich are in pole position at the moment. Jon has looked at the set-up there and he was very impressed with the manager and his staff.
"There are other clubs interested including Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday, but Jon is not going to be making any decision until the end of May."
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
Otsemobor was very impressed with Canaries boss Peter Grant when the pair met at Colney recently and is said to be excited at the prospect of the move.
"Crewe gave Jon permission to talk to Norwich and he visited the facilities they have got to offer," added Walters. "He was very impressed with the people he met down there - especially manager Peter Grant.
"He has looked at the crowd and the support Norwich regularly get. It is certainly a prospect that interests him a great deal. He sees them as a side with Premiership potential and he would like to get them back to where they belong."
Otsemobor, whose preferred position is at right-back, started his career at Liverpool under Gerard Houllier but found his route to the first team blocked by the likes of Steve Finnan and Jamie Carragher.
He has since been on loan to several clubs including Hull City and Bolton