Canaries can prove a class act
BETTING: Back in October, Bristol's local newspaper, the Evening Post, described Norwich's 5-1 thrashing of Bristol Rovers as a "performance of Championship quality" and the Canaries will have every opportunity to display their true credentials at the Memorial Stadium tomorrow.
Back in October, Bristol's local newspaper, the Evening Post, described Norwich's 5-1 thrashing of Bristol Rovers as a "performance of Championship quality" and the Canaries will have every opportunity to display their true credentials at the Memorial Stadium tomorrow.
To arrive in the West Country as champions is a vindication of the paper's assessment and bookies are in agreement, with Ladbrokes installing City as their 11/8 favourites to win. Rovers are Betdaq's 2/1 choice.
For several months, the home side harboured enough play-off ambition to suggest this will be no stroll for City and punters who concur may fancy the 5/2 posted by Jaxx.com in favour of a stalemate, or at very least, Stan James's 11/10 for the opening half to finish all square.
In other markets, bet365 rate the chances of the opening goal arriving inside the first 10 minutes as a 3/1 shot and as there were two penalties in October's meeting of the teams, Paddy Power's 11/4 for either side to score from the spot looks a decent bet.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, 888sport chalk 10/3 in favour of Norwich winning when kicking off with a one-goal deficit, while Victor Chandler price Norwich at 4/6 in their 'draw no bet' market where stakes are returned in the event of a draw.
Punters anticipating another goal feast may fancy the look of Partybets' 5/6 for the fixture to produce more than two goals, while Grant Holt is William Hill's 4/1 choice to open the scoring.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
Punters anticipating another champion-style performance can get a massive 10/1 (Betfred) against City recording a 2-0 victory.
Those expecting the Canaries to ooze style can still get an enormous 20/1 about them winning 3-0.