Canaries can prove a class act
BETTING: Back in October, Bristol's local newspaper, the Evening Post, described Norwich's 5-1 thrashing of Bristol Rovers as a "performance of Championship quality" and the Canaries will have every opportunity to display their true credentials at the Memorial Stadium tomorrow.
Back in October, Bristol's local newspaper, the Evening Post, described Norwich's 5-1 thrashing of Bristol Rovers as a "performance of Championship quality" and the Canaries will have every opportunity to display their true credentials at the Memorial Stadium tomorrow.
To arrive in the West Country as champions is a vindication of the paper's assessment and bookies are in agreement, with Ladbrokes installing City as their 11/8 favourites to win. Rovers are Betdaq's 2/1 choice.
For several months, the home side harboured enough play-off ambition to suggest this will be no stroll for City and punters who concur may fancy the 5/2 posted by Jaxx.com in favour of a stalemate, or at very least, Stan James's 11/10 for the opening half to finish all square.
In other markets, bet365 rate the chances of the opening goal arriving inside the first 10 minutes as a 3/1 shot and as there were two penalties in October's meeting of the teams, Paddy Power's 11/4 for either side to score from the spot looks a decent bet.
Elsewhere, 888sport chalk 10/3 in favour of Norwich winning when kicking off with a one-goal deficit, while Victor Chandler price Norwich at 4/6 in their 'draw no bet' market where stakes are returned in the event of a draw.
Punters anticipating another goal feast may fancy the look of Partybets' 5/6 for the fixture to produce more than two goals, while Grant Holt is William Hill's 4/1 choice to open the scoring.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 5 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot set for submission
- 6 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 7 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 8 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 9 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 10 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
Punters anticipating another champion-style performance can get a massive 10/1 (Betfred) against City recording a 2-0 victory.
Those expecting the Canaries to ooze style can still get an enormous 20/1 about them winning 3-0.