Butler serves up treat as Acle reach top Anglian Combination
- Credit: Archant
Acle United soared to the top of the Premier Division with a 9-0 mauling of bottom club Hempnall.
Ricci Butler bagged four of the goals, with Adam Hipperson, Daniel Foreman, Ricky Hodds, Luke Goreham and Ricky Forder completing the rout.
Previous leaders Blofield were held to a 1-1 draw at Wroxham Reserves. James Bulman scored for the visitors, with Joseph Marsden on target for the hosts.
Reepham moved up to fifth with a 3-1 win at home to Wymondham. Andrew Moody, Stephen Drake and Leon Huckle got the home side's goals, while Robert Browne replied for Wymondham.
An entertaining game at North Walsham ended all-square as St Andrews came away with a 3-3 draw. Ross Joy, Charlie Skipper and Stephen Lawrence's goals for Walsham were cancelled out by strikes from St Andrews' John Muir, Alex Saunders and Jordan Hipperson.
You may also want to watch:
Mattishall lost their third successive league game, going down 2-1 at home to lowly Loddon. Joe Edwards' effort for the hosts was not enough as Matthew Parkin and Matthew Sadler set up Loddon's win.
Spixworth and Dersingham remain level on points after their 0-0 draw.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
In Division One, improving Wells recorded their third win of the season with a 3-2 victory at Aylsham. Joe Harrison, Jody Murfit and Daniel Grocott netted for the Seasiders with Aylsham's Travis Whitlam bagging a brace.
Leaders Norwich CEYMS moved nine points clear after Leon Brock scored the only goal at Holt.
Long Stratton's 3-0 win at Harleston – courtesy of goals from Thomas Wright, John King and Kelvin Willimott – lifted them to second.
Glen Spooner's hat-trick for Hellesdon could not avert a 5-4 defeat at home to Watton, who had two goals apiece from Kevin Bloomfield and Xavier Huckle.
Elsewhere, Caister beat Hindringham 2-1, Horsford won 3-2 at home to Poringland Wanderers and Stalham crushed Bradenham Wanderers 4-0.