Butler serves up treat as Acle reach top Anglian Combination
- Credit: Archant
Acle United soared to the top of the Premier Division with a 9-0 mauling of bottom club Hempnall.
Ricci Butler bagged four of the goals, with Adam Hipperson, Daniel Foreman, Ricky Hodds, Luke Goreham and Ricky Forder completing the rout.
Previous leaders Blofield were held to a 1-1 draw at Wroxham Reserves. James Bulman scored for the visitors, with Joseph Marsden on target for the hosts.
Reepham moved up to fifth with a 3-1 win at home to Wymondham. Andrew Moody, Stephen Drake and Leon Huckle got the home side's goals, while Robert Browne replied for Wymondham.
An entertaining game at North Walsham ended all-square as St Andrews came away with a 3-3 draw. Ross Joy, Charlie Skipper and Stephen Lawrence's goals for Walsham were cancelled out by strikes from St Andrews' John Muir, Alex Saunders and Jordan Hipperson.
You may also want to watch:
Mattishall lost their third successive league game, going down 2-1 at home to lowly Loddon. Joe Edwards' effort for the hosts was not enough as Matthew Parkin and Matthew Sadler set up Loddon's win.
Spixworth and Dersingham remain level on points after their 0-0 draw.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
In Division One, improving Wells recorded their third win of the season with a 3-2 victory at Aylsham. Joe Harrison, Jody Murfit and Daniel Grocott netted for the Seasiders with Aylsham's Travis Whitlam bagging a brace.
Leaders Norwich CEYMS moved nine points clear after Leon Brock scored the only goal at Holt.
Long Stratton's 3-0 win at Harleston – courtesy of goals from Thomas Wright, John King and Kelvin Willimott – lifted them to second.
Glen Spooner's hat-trick for Hellesdon could not avert a 5-4 defeat at home to Watton, who had two goals apiece from Kevin Bloomfield and Xavier Huckle.
Elsewhere, Caister beat Hindringham 2-1, Horsford won 3-2 at home to Poringland Wanderers and Stalham crushed Bradenham Wanderers 4-0.