Butler’s double keeps Acle on course for Anglian Combination title
Acle United stayed on course for the Anglian Premier Division title as Ricci Butler's brace gave them three priceless points at Wroxham Reserves on Saturday.
The leaders currently sit two points clear of Blofield United, with two games in hand. Blofield were at least able to keep up the pressure thanks to a 3-2 win at home to Beccles Town thanks to goals from Chris Holmes (two) and Brady Ledain. Anthony Martin hit two in reply for Beccles.
Third-placed Dersingham Rovers were convincing winners at home to basement boys Hempnall courtesy of goals from Daniel Jezeph (two) and Thomas Anderson.
Spixworth could yet have a say in the destination of the title as they cruised to a 2-0 victory over Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves thanks to goals from Charlie Bartram and Mark Bloomfield.
Goals from David Matthews and David Harwood gave Cromer Town all three points at Mattishall whilst struggling North Walsham Town were hammered at home to Reepham Town. Leon Huckle grabbed two for Reepham as Mark George, Stephen Drake and Shaun Blyth also got on the scoresheet. Danny Skipper got Walsham's consolation.
Richard Brett was on target for Sheringham but it wasn't enough to stop his side slipping to a 3-1 defeat at Loddon United, whose goals came from Alex Brown (two) and Gary Summons.
Caister were unable to take advantage of Norwich CEYMS' slip-up at Wells Town at the top of Division One.
- 1 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 2 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 3 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 4 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 5 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 6 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Part of Norfolk Coast Path to close for seven weeks
- 9 'Genuine shock' after biker killed in town centre hit-and-run
- 10 'Foodie Fortnight' to celebrate opening of new food hall in Norwich
Leaders CEYMS were held 1-1 by the north Norfolk side – Dale Rayner on target before Daniel Wick's reply but Caister also had to settle for a 1-1 draw at home to Horsford United.
Stalham strengthened their grip on third place thanks to a 2-0 win at Hellesdon thanks to goals from Daniel Tindall and Darren Patterson whilst Long Stratton saw off Poringland Wanderers at home 2-0. Sam Page and Matthew Nichols grabbing their goals.
Holt United claimed all three points at Harleston through goals from Michael Bentley and Christopher Fuller whilst Hindringham and Corton fought out a 2-2 draw.
Aylsham hammered bottom side Brandon Town 8-2 and Bradenham Wanderers won 4-2 at Watton United.