Butler’s double keeps Acle on course for Anglian Combination title
Acle United stayed on course for the Anglian Premier Division title as Ricci Butler's brace gave them three priceless points at Wroxham Reserves on Saturday.
The leaders currently sit two points clear of Blofield United, with two games in hand. Blofield were at least able to keep up the pressure thanks to a 3-2 win at home to Beccles Town thanks to goals from Chris Holmes (two) and Brady Ledain. Anthony Martin hit two in reply for Beccles.
Third-placed Dersingham Rovers were convincing winners at home to basement boys Hempnall courtesy of goals from Daniel Jezeph (two) and Thomas Anderson.
Spixworth could yet have a say in the destination of the title as they cruised to a 2-0 victory over Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves thanks to goals from Charlie Bartram and Mark Bloomfield.
Goals from David Matthews and David Harwood gave Cromer Town all three points at Mattishall whilst struggling North Walsham Town were hammered at home to Reepham Town. Leon Huckle grabbed two for Reepham as Mark George, Stephen Drake and Shaun Blyth also got on the scoresheet. Danny Skipper got Walsham's consolation.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Brett was on target for Sheringham but it wasn't enough to stop his side slipping to a 3-1 defeat at Loddon United, whose goals came from Alex Brown (two) and Gary Summons.
Caister were unable to take advantage of Norwich CEYMS' slip-up at Wells Town at the top of Division One.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
Leaders CEYMS were held 1-1 by the north Norfolk side – Dale Rayner on target before Daniel Wick's reply but Caister also had to settle for a 1-1 draw at home to Horsford United.
Stalham strengthened their grip on third place thanks to a 2-0 win at Hellesdon thanks to goals from Daniel Tindall and Darren Patterson whilst Long Stratton saw off Poringland Wanderers at home 2-0. Sam Page and Matthew Nichols grabbing their goals.
Holt United claimed all three points at Harleston through goals from Michael Bentley and Christopher Fuller whilst Hindringham and Corton fought out a 2-2 draw.
Aylsham hammered bottom side Brandon Town 8-2 and Bradenham Wanderers won 4-2 at Watton United.