Busy time for Norfolk fencers
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk fencer Julie Henson competed in Belgrade along with five team-mates representing Great Britain.
Julie, from Long Stratton, performed well in the poule round, which determines the ranking for the direct elimination stage, but fared less well as the event progressed, eventually coming 26th out of 53 and fourth out of the GB contingent.
The Eastern Region team finished fifth in the Winton Cup. Paul Stimpson, assistant coach at the Norfolk Fencing Club, was in the men's team, which won five out of their nine matches as did the women's sabre team, which included Tracy Russen from the Norwich-based Affondo club.
Natalia Rowe, of Norfolk Fencing Club, took part in the Leon Paul Cadets Championships in the Girls Foil, losing a close fight in the direct elimination round against Alexandra Htet-Marshall of Edinburgh 15-12.
For information, go to www.norfolkfencing club.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 8 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out