Buster Chapman’s delight as Norfolk’s top speedway talent shines for King’s Lynn Young Stars
- Credit: IAN BURT
Speedway chief Buster Chapman admits he's ecstatic to see Norfolk's top talent shining for the King's Lynn Young Stars.
The National League side overturned a huge 25-point first-leg deficit to dump Stoke out of the Knockout Cup on Wednesday. Snettisham-based Lewis Kerr was in fine form again while Robert Lambert, aged just 15, continued his phenomenal start to his English career.
The rider from Foulsham romped to another huge score in his second meeting and broke Simon Lambert's (no relation) five-year National League track record of 59.75 by a quarter-of-a-second.
Chapman said: 'To me the greatest thing is we've got three or four good local youngsters in the team and they're doing really well. That's what it's all about. It's why we invested in the Young Stars, continue funding it, because it's great for speedway in the county, and the country.
'Robert's got a lot of potential and he's got a brilliant mind set. As long as he stays focused, and remembers he's got a life outside of speedway, he's got the talent to go really far.'
Lewis Rose just lives outside of the county in Sutton Bridge while Boston-based Darren Mallett also lives in Lincolnshire.
Young Stars team boss Dale Allitt said: 'Wednesday was up there with one of the best nights we've had. The crowds have been better of late and I'd urge people to keep coming. People like Robert are exciting and the future of the sport.'
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 7 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 8 Transport plans approved despite 'lack of' climate change measures
- 9 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 10 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed